Banana Oatmeal Cookie339 Reviews
“This recipe has been handed down in my family for generations. It's a good way to use overripe bananas. It's also a moist cookie that travels well either in the mail or car. This is usually the first cookie to disappear at my house.” - by blairbunny
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, banana, oatmeal and nuts. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well and drop by the teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in a closed container.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 170 cal
- 8.8 g
- 21.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (339)Rate This Recipe
"I made these twice so far. The first time I omitted the nuts, added a bit more cinnamon, they turned out great, they stay soft forever. The second time I added dried cranberries and everyone at work l..." See moreoved them! I keep a sheet of foil a rack below the cookies so they don't burn on the bottom, as they have a longer cook time (15 mins was perfect). I'll definitely make these again."
"We all loved these! I used ww flour. Instead of white sugar, I used a 1/2 cup of succanant with honey and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Also used 1/2 cup of butter instead of the shortening. Great..." See more"
"excellent - had the ripest bananas ever and needed something to make quick... substituted half of the white sugar with brown sugar...added one tsp of vanilla, added lots of fresh blueberries! They we..." See morere awesome - baked at 375 degrees for 16 minutes on baking stones = they were perfect."
Oatmeal Banana Nut Bread
Banana Oatmeal Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.