Creamy Cheese Pie5 Reviews
“This is an old time recipe from a collection of recipes my mother was given when she got married. It's a creamier pie than a New York style and is quite nice in the mornings with coffee. Original recipe by Dorothy Harker.” - by Jeff Cushenberry
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a small bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers and melted butter or margarine. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- To Make Filling: In a medium mixing bowl whip cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar, then add eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until set around edges. Remove and cool 5 minutes.
- To Make Topping: Mix together sour cream, 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over top of pie and return to oven for 10 minutes. Chill at least 5 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 451 cal
- 29.6 g
- 40.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Thank you. I too, have this receipe from my mother and with several moves I lost it. This is the best Cheese Pie receipe. Very creamy, rich and all of my family wants the last piece. Most make cak..." See morees and remember this is a pie."
"Our family makes this same pie and it's delicious. The other reviewer said it didn't set up....I think this is because the cooking time is off. Our recipe calls for 25 mins baking time, take the pie..." See more out, turn the oven off, apply sour cream topping and then put back in the turned off oven for an additional 10 mins. Let cool and chill."
"This was a good recipe, but needs some tweaking. I followed the recipe exactly and baked for the recommended time but the pie never really formed properly. I baked for an additional 5 minutes, then ..." See moretook it out to sit before adding the sour cream. I baked for another 10 minutes and it still wasn't ready, so I baked for another 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven for fear of over baking. After 10 hours in the fridge, it still wasn't fully formed. I think in the future it needs to be cooked a bit longer before adding the sour cream. I might also take the sugar in the cream cheese mixture down a tad."
Cream Cheese Pie
Ricotta Cheese Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.