Gin and Spice Flank Steak2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This unusual grilled beef recipe calls for whole allspice, juniper berries, and a splash of gin!” - by Relish
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Grind 2 teaspoons juniper berries, the allspice berries, and the peppercorns in a spice grinder until coarsely ground, then stir in the salt. Press the ground spices into both sides of the flank steak; set aside to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Bring beef broth and remaining juniper berries to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the broth has reduced by 1/4, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and gin. Return to a simmer, and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Keep sauce warm over very low heat.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Brush the flank steak with olive oil on both sides. Cook on preheated grill until cooked to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Place steak on a plate, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak thinly and place onto a serving dish. Remove the juniper berries from the gin sauce and discard. Serve the sliced steak accompanied by the gin sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 361 cal
- 26.2 g
- 2.2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I left the cream & gin out & it was very good. The spices really make it...." See more"
"WE love this recipe. Made it 5 times now. It's my boyfriends favorite "show off" dish. He gets to grill the steaks and I pull out hte mortar and pestil to grind away. The first few times we couldn..." See more;t find juniper berries so we doubled the all spice and I added a few cloves. We found the Juniper at our local organic store and can't wait to do it up right."
Easy BBQ Flank Steak with Chipotle Mayo
Marinated Flank Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.