Fudge Truffle Cheesecake312 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Truffle-like chocolate cheesecake in a chocolate cookie crust. If this does not drive your mate wild, keep the recipe and replace him or her. Note: The topping for this cake is your choice, you could use chocolate dipped strawberries, purchased chocolate truffles, or melt chocolate and/or white chocolate and drizzle it over the top.” - by macs
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together crushed vanilla wafers, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and butter or margarine by hand. Press ingredients into a 9 inch springform pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, making sure that they are very smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 minutes. The cake will seem underbaked in the center, but will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 552 cal
- 35.9 g
- 51.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (312)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! GREAT recipe! I've made this several times and its always a hit. My only hint/tip is to make sure all filling ingredients are at room temp. prior to blending (warm the unopened can of cond. milk ..." See morein a bowl of very warm water!) so that a smooth, even finished product results! YUM!"
"This is great!! Everyone thinks I am a fabulous cook whenever I bring this cheesecake. Follow the recipe exactly, but after the 55 min baking time, turn the oven off, and leave the cheesecake in the..." See more now cooling oven for at least 1 hour. It will not crack, and it will be firmed up in the middle. It's best if eaten the next day, but no one will complain if it's only been chilled a few hours."
"Absolutley Awesome!!! I am not a big chocolate cheesecake fan usually (I like plain old New York Cheesecake)but I thought I'd try this for my honey's birthday!!WOW, decadently sinful!! Very smooth, ..." See morecreamy and rich, just like truffles. I would recommend using the crust recipe given for this as it is much better than just a chocolate cookie crumb crust. I also used a 10" springform pan. Came out flawless, not a crack to be found. I put a pan of water on the rack below the cheesecake and left in the oven for about an hour after I turned the oven off!! I also baked it two days in advance and kept in the fridge. Serve at room temp. though!! Definitly a keeper!!"
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake I
Grandma Strait's Fudge
Just swipe to see more like this.