Torta De Polenta1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This is a tasty way to eat polenta. We use it for appetizers or with dinner.” - by karen
Original recipe yields 1 8 - inch torta
- Lightly oil an 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bring chicken stock and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Whisk in polenta in a steady stream, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring constantly until the polenta has thickened, and the grains are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Be careful while stirring the polenta, it can cause burns as the bubbles pop and send hot polenta flying.
- Once the polenta grains are tender, stir in the garlic, roasted pepper, prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Gruyere cheese, and sage leaves; cook and stir an additional 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and pour into prepared cake pan. Place into refrigerator, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil, and lightly oil.
- Unmold the polenta onto a cutting board, and cut into 8 wedges. Arrange the slices onto the prepared baking sheet so the slices are not touching.
- Bake in preheated oven until the edges begin to brown, and the polenta is hot in the center, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 575 cal
- 42.8 g
- 33.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This polenta is very tasty. I used it as a contribution to an appetizer party and everyone raved. I used cornmeal rather than polenta which should be the same thing and the recipe yield was more tha..." See moren twice the 8 servings the recipe states. I'm hoping for other reviews so I can see if I did something wrong. Another thought is that the butter could probably be cut down a lot without harming the result."
Pork Stew in Green Salsa (Guisado de Puerco con Tomatillos)
Rice Cooker Super Cheesy Polenta
Just swipe to see more like this.