Old Fashioned Paradise Pumpkin Pie118 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This triple-decker pie has a cheesecake layer on the bottom, pumpkin custard in the middle, and a pecan streusel layer on top. Paradise!” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Cheesecake Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, then add vanilla extract and 1 egg. Beat mixture until light and smooth. Chill mixture for 30 minutes, then spread into pastry shell.
- To Make Pumpkin Layer: In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- To Make Pecan Streusel Layer: While pie is in oven, combine flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well, then add softened butter or margarine and stir until ingredients are combined. Mix in pecans.
- After pie has been in oven for 50 minutes, remove and sprinkle pecan streusel evenly over top. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 430 cal
- 27.1 g
- 40.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (118)Rate This Recipe
"Today is the third time I have made this pie. I wish I had come and reread the reviews before making this morning. The last two times my pie has marbled and I think that letting the cream cheese chill..." See more in the pie crust until very set is a GREAT idea. Also, pouring the top layer on extra careful would definately help. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. OKAY...as far as everything else goes, I LOVE this pie. I double the streusal layer and today I added about 2 tablespoons of flour to pumpkin mixture to help it set a little better. This seems to do the trick as I am usually baking this pie WAY longer than recipe says. I would just plan on leaving the foil on at least an extra 15 minutes so, your crust doesn't burn if you need to contine baking pie."
"This was very good!! I read about other people's problems with the layers marbling, so I put my cream cheese mixture in the pie shell and in the freezer for 40 minutes. Then I slowly poured the pumpki..." See moren over it. Result? Two perfectly separated layers with zero mixing!!"
Impossible Pumpkin Pie II
Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.