Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie21 Reviews
“A two layer pie with a crushed pineapple bottom and a cream cheese top. Best when made a day ahead and served cold. Top each slice with whipped cream if you like.” - by Joe P.
Original recipe yields 2 pies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- To Make Pineapple Layer: In a medium saucepan combine 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple with juice. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is the consistency of jelly.
- To Make Cream Cheese Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Whip in sugar and salt until mixture is smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat mixture until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Mixture will be liquidy.
- Pour half of pineapple mixture into each pastry shell. Pour half of cream cheese mixture over each pineapple layer. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake an additional 50 minutes, until tops of pies begin to brown. Chill before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 232 cal
- 13.2 g
- 25.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"I made this pie to take to my in-laws home for Easter. They usually give me a hard time about the desserts I bring, but not this time. They ate every morsel and asked if I would make it the next time ..." See morewe have another dinner. I used a ready-made, frozen Mrs. Smith deep-dish shortbread crust. The only change I made was using Splenda rather than regular sugar. I don't belive it altered the flavor or texture in any way. This recipe makes enough for 2 pies however there really isn't enough filling for 2 deep-dish pies. Next time I make this I will make the filling as the recipe directs however I will make an additional half recipe to fill the pie shells. I also served it with Cool Whip. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful pie recipe. It's a new "forever favorite.""
"This pie was a hit at Christmas with the relatives. As others have warned, don't use the deep dish pie shells. This recipe makes enough filling for the regular size pie crusts...." See more"
Blueberry and Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Hannah's Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.