Empanadas II8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Easy vegetarian empanadas.” - by Malena
Original recipe yields 32 Empanadas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place diced potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then onion. Toss lightly to coat. Saute onion for 5 minutes, then add cooked potatoes. Saute mixture an additional 10 minutes, until onions are caramelized and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Place potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add hard-cooked eggs, olives, and raisins. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out pastry and cut 32 3-inch circles. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling on one half of each circle. Fold pastry in half and crimp edges with a fork. Place empanadas on a baking sheet and brush each one with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 105 cal
- 5.6 g
- 11.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"this was too blah. my mother in law taught me how to make these and you can get creative. anything can go in them, beef,cheese, fruit I have done taco flavored beef and yellow rice, beef and mashed pa..." See moretatoes, my family always want cheese in them. also you can find premade shells (goya) in the frozen section for about 1.50 for 10 shells also i fry mine for low fat you can bake too."
"This recipe was extremely easy and really tasty. The filling was just a little bland for my taste, so I added jalapenos and a little more seasoning. I served the empanadas to my family with a side of..." See more beans, salsa, and Mexican cheese--it was a huge success and everyone's fighting over the leftovers!"
Argentine Meat Empanadas
Just swipe to see more like this.