Spinach Pie II8 Reviews
“A quick and easy lunch or light dinner. Frozen spinach may be used in place of fresh.” - by Judy
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then onions. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, and egg. Mix well, then add spinach mixture. Stir thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture into pastry-lined pan. Cover with second circle of pastry. Trim and seal edges. Cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 402 cal
- 24.7 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Very good recipe! I used puff pastry. I did not have ricotta and used feta instead and the result was delicious!..." See more"
"YUM, this is definitely a keeper. I used just a single pie crust and it was plenty of crust. I used feta instead of ricotta and threw in some extra parmesan, plus a splash of milk to make it creamier..." See more... I also didn't have onions, but I added some onion salt as well as diced tomatoes, olives, and garlic. It turned out very tasty and flavorful! "
Spinach Pie V
Spinach Cheese Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.