Cranberry Walnut Bread17 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Use your food processor for the nuts and cranberries and save loads of time.” - by Heather
Original recipe yields 3 loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 8x4-inch loaf pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper, if desired.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Stir in the orange zest.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the egg mixture, alternating with orange juice.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries.
- Pour the flour mixture into the mixing bowl alternately with the orange juice, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Divide the batter evenly among prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Check for browning: cover the tops with aluminum foil to prevent them from becoming too dark. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean, about 30 minutes more. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 335 cal
- 11.5 g
- 54.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This was a great recipe! I love cranberry-nut bread and have tried several versions over the years, but this is hands down the best. I have to comment on the cooking time however...I was skeptical whe..." See moren I saw the 30 to 35 minutes since I've never cooked a quick bread for that short a time before. I left it in for an extra 10 minutes, and the middle was still very gooey. Possibly a typo? I made a "note to self" to increase it to 50 to 55 the next time I make it, which I definitely will. My husband loved it as well."
"The bread had a nice flavor, but I found it to be dry. Next time I think I'll try adding some sour cream or applesauce...." See more"
"This was an incredible recipe...Normally I don't hit recipes that haven't had many reviews, but I'm glad I made the exception here. I ended up with 4 loaves instead of the 3 identified. I didn't mak..." See moree any changes to the recipe and was really impressed with the results. Thanks for sharing it :0) On a side note...I also had to increase the cook time. I ended up baking for right at an hour. Well worth the wait."
Cranberry Nut Bread I
Cranberry Apple Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.