Loving Loaf3 Reviews
“If you like vanilla wafers and pecans, you'll love the topping on this loaf.” - by Sandy
Original recipe yields 2 - 8x4 inch loaf pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8x4 inch bread pans.
- Prepare the topping by combining the 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla wafers and pecans. Mix together well and press into the bottom of prepared pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Combine milk and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter, alternating with milk; beat well. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 330 cal
- 18.1 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious!! Its a recipe I will use over and over.. the topping was what made this cake extra special. The cake in itself (without topping) is good but nothing extraordinary. and you might wan..." See moret to line the bottom of the loaf tin with parchment paper, otherwise this may stick quite badly ( I learned the hard way). All in all, very good recipe worthy of 5 stars!"
"I'm going to rate this 5 stars since I have to rate it; however, I don't really think one should rate a recipe that one makes changes to. The way I made this was to use a package of glazed pecans ins..." See moretead of regular pecans. And instead of using them in the topping, I chopped them up and stirred them into the batter. That gave the cake itself a wonderful flavor. And yes, the basic recipe is very good indeed."
Banana Loaf Cake I
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
Just swipe to see more like this.