Marinated Scallops Wrapped in Bacon133 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 18 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 33 min
“This sweet and salty, melt-in-your-mouth appetizer is sure to please anyone!” - by Gabsmom
Original recipe yields 24 pieces
- Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
- Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 83 cal
- 2.1 g
- 9.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (133)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely Divine!!! This is the easiest most forgiving recipe for scallops I have found! Our family loves, loves, loves these.... Simple, quick and convenient for a weeknight supper as for the com..." See morepany table. A note of caution for those that don't normally cook scallops: Do not over marinate as they will turn rubbery. Try this, I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed!!!!"
"I make these every so often to ensure I don't get tired of them and they're awesome. I don't use the mustard because I've never liked it, and I think they turn out really well without it. My only advi..." See morece would be not to over-marinade the scallops; 20 minutes would be fine. Otherwise they have a strange texture. Thank you for your recipe!"
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts II
Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Just swipe to see more like this.