Red Wine Cake14 Reviews
“This is my interpretation of a cake my friend in Germany has traditionally every year. It's delicious! You may adorn it with icing, candy or fruit. We like to frost it with buttercream frosting.” - by Harmony Dame
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease an 9 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy; add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix baking powder and flour; add to creamed mixture.
- Add red wine and mix well, but not for too long. Add cocoa powder to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour; let cool and decorate. Serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 686 cal
- 38.8 g
- 80.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious-- almost has the consistency of a chocolate chip muffin, so I don't think frosting is necessary...." See more"
"The cake was very dense and needed the frosting that I added. It was good but not sure I would make it again real soon...." See more"
"Potential! The flavor complexity of the red wine & chocolate was great, I would make sure to use a full-bodied wine with chocolate or berry notes. Mine too came out thick and dry, but I'm 100% sure..." See more I've figured out why: I tried to cream the butter sugar & eggs together at the same time and all the liquid made the butter clump so I over beat it and the eggs filled out. I bet if I creamed the butter and sugar THEN gradually added the eggs I could get that thick gooey brownie-like consistency in the picture. I'll keep trying!"
Red Wine Cookies
Red Velvet Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.