Perfect Lemon Squares12 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“These are so easy. Sweet and tangy with a perfect shortbread crust.” - by Sierra S
Original recipe yields 12 lemon bars
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and the ground almonds in a mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and mix with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, stir together the brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and the baking powder in a bowl. Add the eggs, coconut, lemon zest, and lemon juice; whisk until the sugars have dissolved; pour over the crust.
- Return to the oven and bake until the lemon filling has firmed, about 15 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 228 cal
- 10.7 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Left a super bad aftertaste & looked a little slimey. I was embarassed to serve it to my family. Check out a different recipe!..." See more"
"Great Recipe 5 stars! Will be making this one again! I used pecans instead of almonds. I lightly sprinkled powder sugar while still warm on the top. Make sure they are cool before cutting as per the..." See more recipe. Also, left out the coconut flakes! Not a big fan of coconut. Thank you for sharing:)"
Lemon Pie Bars
Annemarie's Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.