Shrimp Scampi Cheesecake Appetizer57 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Rich cheesecake with a seafood surprise. Decadent and smooth for adult tastes.” - by Betty L. Ince
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm oil and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent; set aside to cool. When cool, pour off liquid reserving garlic.
- Cut shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving 12 uncut for garnish. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter and add reserved garlic and all shrimp; cook shrimp for 2 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove center circle and a small portion of inside of cooled puff pastry shells.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy; add one egg at a time and beat until well mixed. Add cream, Gouda, onions, shrimp and salt.
- Spoon filling into puff pastry shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is browned on top. Garnish with whole shrimp and chopped chives; serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 701 cal
- 56.3 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"I made these in the prebaked fillo cups for two Christmas parties. At the one they ate every single morsel, but no comments. (Lots of people not a lot of food.) At the other party, ladies only, lots o..." See moref food, lots of these leftover and still no comments about this recipe. I wasn't crazy about them either. Later I tried some of the unbaked leftovers (without the fillo cups) I had frozen as a dip. Weird eggy quiche like consistancy, although good flavor. I was not going to give up on this recipe, and I personally am not crazy about fillo and didn't want to use the puff pastry cups, so I took egg roll skins and cut them in quarters. Layered two squares opposite each in a flower pattern and put them in mini muffin tins. What a difference this "cheesecake" is in these. Very good and pretty this way. I felt the fillo took away from the taste - not enough filling to dough ratio and the egg roll wrappers just gave it a nice cup to be in with a little crunch with the "petals" sticking out the top. Baked at 350 for 10 minutes an they browned up perfectly."
"Don't let the "cheesecake" title keep you away!! This is great. I used the little phylo pastry cups for a party, and was able to make about 100. Everyone loved them, very elegant...." See more"
"Absolutely decadent and honestly far easier than anyone would ever believe. I used the phyllo cups several other people recommended instead of puff pastry. Garnished with fresh snipped chives and th..." See moreyme. I have also used the filling as a baked dip if you don't want to deal with the hassel of filling nearly a 100 of these. Just buy some very nice crackers or toasts instead to enjoy these delightful bites instead."
Garlicky Appetizer Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi I
Just swipe to see more like this.