Cherry Nut Delight16 Reviews
“This has become a family favorite. Is best if served on the day prepared. Serve as is or top with whipped cream or ice cream.” - by K. Tansey
Original recipe yields 10 to 15 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Chop 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely and reserve them for topping. Chop the remaining 1/2 cup nuts fine.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter. Blend the mixture well. Add coconut and the finely chopped nuts. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture. Press the remaining flour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine sugar and cream cheese. Stir in egg and vanilla. Beat mixture until smooth. Spread this mixture over the hot (just baked) layer.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 10 minutes. When the cake has finished cooking, spread the cherry pie filling over the hot cake and sprinkle the remaining walnuts and crumb mixture over the top.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake another 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1108 cal
- 63.2 g
- 125 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I made some changes to this recipe, I used 1 c. walnuts 1 1/4 c. flour 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. butter flavored crisco (I didn't have butter) 1/2 c. coconut for the filling I used 2 8oz. pkgs c..." See moreream cheese 2/3 c. sugar 2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 1 can of cherry pie filling for the crust I combined flour, brown sugar and cut in the crisco, then added the nuts and coconut, reserving 1/2 c. of this mixture for the top. pressed remaining into a buttered 9x13 pan. and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then beat the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth and spread over the hot crust, bake for another 15 minutes, top with the cherry pie filling and reserved topping and return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes. It's delicious and is enough for a big crowd. everytime I make it I goes fast."
"Must refrigerate & serve cold. It's more like cheesecake bars...THE BEST!!!!..." See more"
Cherry Nut Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.