Lesley's Valentine Brownies with Raspberry Coulis7 Reviews
“Best if slightly undercooked but not quite runny in the center - what the English call 'squidgy'. The raspberry coulis adds a Valentine's Day note. The raspberry juice called for in this recipe should be taken from the leftover juice from the frozen raspberries. ” - by lcpgh
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- To make brownies: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine and chocolate; take off of heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat well. Mix in flour, salt and nuts, if desired.
- In a greased 8x8 inch baking dish, pour brownie mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick in the center of brownies comes out somewhat clean.
- To make Raspberry Coulis: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook raspberries for 5 to 8 minutes; turn down to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine juice and cornstarch to make a paste; add to raspberries stirring constantly until thickened. Add rind and cool.
- Pool coulis on a dessert plate and place brownie portion on top of coulis; serve.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 562 cal
- 32.5 g
- 67.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I make raspberry coulis quite often and especially when having brownies for dessert. To get the raspberry sauce smooth it is best to strain it thru cheesecloth or very fine sieve - this particular s..." See moreauce is not supposed to have seeds. Also, liqueur can be added for extra flavor and if boiled down for a few mins. doesn't really need thickening."
"Okay, I didn't make the brownies, but I have used the sauce as a topping for chocolate mousse. Once the raspberries were melted, I added 1/4 c. sugar and stirred until dissolved. Then I added the co..." See morernstarch-juice mixture (although I used water instead of juice), cooked as directed, and added rind. I kept it in the fridge, then spooned it over the mousse before serving. It was to die for!"
"I made this for a couples Valetines meal. They loved it! I did make some adjustments to the couli, I added a can of rasp/strawberry juice concentrate, and thickened. Since I was cooking for 32 peopl..." See moree, I baked the brownies in a jelly roll pan. First I cut them diagonally then end to end to create a diamond shape. I topped it off with drizzling melted white chocolate over the top and a sprig of parsley. Thank you for submitting this recipe. I will use it again"
Raspberry Fudge Brownies
Layered Raspberry Dream
Just swipe to see more like this.