Chocolate Caramel Brownies237 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My aunt gave me this recipe. It is a little trouble, but they will be the best brownies you'll ever eat.” - by Barbara Hodge
Original recipe yields 15 brownies
- Peel caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Place 1/2 of the batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place the remaining batter into the fridge. Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate chips. Remove brownie mix from refrigerator. Using a teaspoon, make small balls with the batter and smash flat. Very carefully, place on top of the caramel sauce until the top is completely covered.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 460 cal
- 22.1 g
- 64.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (237)Rate This Recipe
"These are excellent. I have made them 4 times and had success 3 times. DO NOT USE A GLASS PAN. They did not cook through all the way and were very bad. I used a metal 9X11 pan the next 3 times a..." See morend they turned out perfect. Very moist and chocolately. "
"OMG!! I have made these about 1000 times. Actually am making them again tonight. This is absolutely excellent and my hubby..my hubbys friends and coworkers ask for these all the time. All I have to s..." See moreay is DO AS INSTRUCTED! (Although I do have to say I put more batter on the bottom of the pan than top, seems to work out better)Do not make the cake mix (as on the back of the box) Do exactly as the instructions say to do in THIS recipe and it will turn out perfectly!! The only thing I would change is: if your husband KNOWS you are making these: HIDE THEM!! "
"This didn't work for me at all, it was very hard to get out of the pan and very sugar gritty and greasy. The only thing I can think of is maybe the chocolate cake mix is supposed to be prepared accor..." See moreding to the box with the eggs and milk? If so the recipe should have stated that, it just says add the cake mix????? I might try it again and will add to my review. Seems everyone else likes them so there must be something to it."
Caramel Brownies II
Caramel Turtle Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.