Flat Iron Steak and Spinach Salad27 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Spinach is topped with peppers, mushrooms and steak in this recipe.” - by Kerinholland
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Season the flat iron steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook to desired degree of doneness on preheated grill, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest in a warm area while proceeding with the recipe.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until it begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Pour in the Italian salad dressing, and bring to a boil, then stir in the red peppers and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add the red wine. Simmer the salad dressing and wine until it has reduced to a syrupy sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the spinach leaves onto serving plates. Thinly slice the flat iron steak across the grain. Spoon the warm, cooked vegetable mixture over the spinach leaves, then place the sliced steak on top. Spoon on the reduced red wine sauce, and finally, sprinkle with blue cheese.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 486 cal
- 31.1 g
- 12.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"Wow, I was looking for a way to use my chicken and spinach, and found this recipe, and I thought if I marinated my chicken in italian dressing, that would work instead of the steak. But, as I prepared..." See more my sauce, I realized I had no mushrooms or bell pepper. I decided to give it a go anyway, and oh my word, just the red onion (and 3 small cloves garlic) in the sauce, and it was incredible! The wine and the sweetness of the red onion when it cooked down worked so well together. I used fresh asiago and a little fresh tomato between the chicken and spinach (which I didn't wilt since the dressing was still simmering when I poured it on the spinach), then topped it with some green onion...It was so easy and looked beautiful, and tasted phenominal! I can't wait to do it right with steak and blue cheese! What a perfect recipe!"
"Great. I made this for lunch for my husband and he really enjoyed it. We both felt like it was asking for chopped walnuts, so I added some later. I used my favorite Safeway-brand Tuscan Basil salad dr..." See moreessing, which turned out awesome with the wine (Cab Sauv). The success of this recipe is going to depend a lot on what kind of dressing you use - so make sure it's one you love. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Ohhh so delicious....my first time making flat iron steak and it was a success. Even my family really liked this. OK....so I made a little deviation from the recipe....I grilled my peppers, red onion,..." See more and portabello mushrooms, and reduced the dressing and wine mixture seperately. I used a little evoo, salt and pepper on the meat and grilled. Plated the salad, added the sliced grilled veggies, topped with the steak, crumbled blue cheese and the dressing....and a few crutons. What a meal! The steak was tender and juicy, and it was just all around a satisfying dinner....will definately make again!"
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Blue Cheese-Chive Butter
Flat Iron Steak with Mushroom Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.