Chicken Salad With Pine Nuts and Raisins3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This chicken salad recipe with pine nuts and raisins has a honey mustard style dressing and is topped with onions and croutons. If you don't have olive oil spray, you can just use any non-stick cooking spray.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the croutons by spreading bread cubes over prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray cubes with oil or cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salad by placing the chicken in a pan and cover with water. Bring just to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, drain and cool; dice or pull into shreds.
- Combine the chicken with the celery, raisins and lemon peel.
- When ready to serve, stir together the lemon juice and olive oil. Tear the lettuce into small pieces and toss with the lemon and oil mixture. Divide between plates and top with the chicken salad. Garnish with onion rings, a sprinkling of pine nuts and the croutons.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 332 cal
- 17.1 g
- 25.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I used this recipe to create a chicken salad for a sandwich. It was a good base for a chicken salad. I ended up adding other ingredients to beef it up a little...." See more"
"Too much time and work to yield such a so-so end result. I had to add a lot more raisins and ended up putting in dried cherries and cranberries to make it worth it. Husband said he liked it, especiall..." See morey the pine nuts. My guess is by the end of the day, the whole bowl will be dumped out. There are a lot better recipes out there that don't require all of this effort."
"Loved the mingling flavors of the rosemary, Dijon and honey. Made the chicken salad tossed with the dressing and served on a bed of Spinach and lettuce. Skipped the croutons and offerred rolls. It w..." See moreas a huge success. Lightened the calories with low fat mayo and fat free sour cream."
Wonderful Chicken Curry Salad
Avocado Corn Salad with Pine Nuts
Just swipe to see more like this.