Beef Jerky23 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 7 hr
- Ready In: 19 hr 10 min
“This is one of many variations I have tried. I use my oven. If you have a food dehydrator, be sure to follow factory instructions. I store mine in a plastic jar. No refrigeration needed, and it keeps for months.” - by PETEIYC
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, ground black pepper and brown sugar to taste. Mix well and add the steak slices. Place entire mixture with meat into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- In the oven, place one oven rack on the highest rack setting and one rack on the lowest setting. Place a piece of aluminum foil OR a baking sheet on the lowest rack, to catch any drippings.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Insert a wooden toothpick through the end of each slice of meat, and suspend each slice from the top rack in the oven, using the toothpick as a support for the slice.
- Bake at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) with the oven door propped open to allow moisture to escape. Bake for 6 to 8 hours depending on thickness of slices. Jerky should bend, and not snap.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 204 cal
- 13 g
- 2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"Waiting 8 hours is sooooo hard. Your home will be filled with a wonderful aroma (use your exhaust fan). I added about 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes. Delicious!..." See more"
"This turned out much better than I thought it would. However, we used ground meat and let it marinate for almost 24 hrs(or basically "soak" up the marinade). Using a jerky press that we borrowed, we m..." See moreade half into flat strips and the other half like ropes and deydrated them (it was already ground up-I doubt we'd get them to work very well in the oven as directed). The ropes turned out much better than the flat strips but they were tasty = slightly salty and hot yet sweet (from the brown sugar I assume). Thanks Pete! This worked well for us (even if we didn't follow the instructions exactly)."
Doc's Best Beef Jerky
Beef Jerky in a Smoker
Just swipe to see more like this.