Cassie's Wishy Chicken14 Reviews
“The name comes from my daughter, who calls it 'wishy' chicken. She loves this dish! It's barbecued chicken using a really simple marinade.” - by Curt
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the sectioned chicken parts in a shallow, nonporous dish so that the pieces fit snugly.
- In a separate, nonporous small bowl, combine the lemon juice, salt, paprika, ground black pepper, garlic and thousand island dressing. Mix well, pour over the chicken and add water to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing the chicken to marinate for 8 hours.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat and lightly oil grate.
- Grill chicken over indirect heat for about 50 minutes, or until temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). Discard any excess marinade.
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks Curt! This chicken is GREAT! I had to cook it in the oven (400 degrees for one hour) due to rainy weather. I made it the night before my husband's and son's birthday party and we reheated piec..." See morees on the grill, but it's even good cold. Everyone loved it."
"This was very easy to make- mix up the marinade, and leave the chicken in the fridge while at work. Despite other reviews, I did not find this too salty. Yes-it does seem like a lot of salt when you s..." See moreee it in the marinade, but after the chicken is cooked, you'll be glad you put it in! Excellent, moist chicken with lots of flavor. I used bone in chicken breast, and baked in the oven. My husband and 2 year old ate this with no complaints!"
Easy Chicken and Rice
Darn Good Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.