Beef Pot Pie II17 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe is great for leftover beef roast! Mmm, beefy!” - by teppij
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Place potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan and fill with water to cover. Cover and cook over medium high heat until almost done (about 10 to 15 minutes). Drain and let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, beef, gravy, bouillon and seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix all together.
- In a large bowl combine the baking mix, milk and egg and mix together until smooth. Pour beef mixture into an ungreased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Pour pastry dough on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 456 cal
- 20.5 g
- 42.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Tasted like the inside of a low priced frozen pot pie. My preference is quick but tastes like you spent a lot of time. Try it if you like the frozen!..." See more"
"So savory and yummy! Where I live I can not obtain beau monde seasoning, so I used thyme instead, per another reviewer's suggestion. I cubed last night's roast, along with the left-over carrots, onio..." See morens and potatoes from the pot. I made a nice amount of home made gravy, which is so superior to store-bought and so easy as well. Mixed all and covered with the batter for a home made biscuit mix (can be found easily on-line or on this site). Lovely, and fills a huge casserole..Quite a comfort dish and great served with green beans and a jello salad."
"Very delicious! Instead of using canned gravy as called for, I would really recommend making gravy from scratch (this site has that recipe, too!) - it doesn't take any more time (you can work on the g..." See moreravy while the potatoes and carrots are cooking) and makes a HUGE difference (as in, "tastes like frozen" versus "can I have seconds, Mom?") Also, I subsituted thyme for the Beau Monde. An excellent chilly night/comfort food dinner that stuck to my family's ribs!"
Chicken Pot Pie I
Chili Cheese Dog Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.