Mijo's Slow Cooker Shredded Beef95 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 hr
- Ready In: 10 hr 20 min
“This makes an incredibly tender shredded beef with a Mexican flair. It takes quite a bit of time to make, but the slow cooker does all the work, and it's well worth the wait. It's great on tortillas, in sandwiches, and even in soup. Go easy on the hot pepper sauce if you don't like spicy food.” - by Kyle
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, mustard powder, and dried tarragon; mix together well and rub over the meat.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the beer OR cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour this mixture over the meat.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 621 cal
- 39.7 g
- 6.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"Most excellent. It made fabulous burritos...." See more"
"I made this for a staff lunch today and everyone loved it!! It also had an added bonus - the smell of it cleared everyone's sinuses. It did have a kick to it, but the only ones who complained where ..." See morethe ones who had it plain. It needs to be served on bread of some kind. It takes a little bit of work to make, but it's worth it!"
Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Daria's Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Just swipe to see more like this.