Cheeseburger Pie19 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe combines ground beef with cheese and mixed vegetables and covered with a crispy, buttermilk crust. It takes a while to prepare, but it's worth it.” - by J'Teena Stone
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, brown the ground beef for 5 to 10 minutes; drain excess fat. Add the onion, salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, tomatoes, corn, peas and green beans. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the buttermilk baking mix and the milk. Mix well to form a dough. Split in half and roll dough out to line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Make sure dough covers the bottom and sides of the dish.
- After the beef mixture has simmered for about 15 to 20 minutes, pour into the baking dish over the dough. Spoon the mashed potatoes over the beef mixture, spreading evenly. Layer the cheese over the potatoes. Roll out the other half of the dough to fit over the top. Trim the edges and seal .
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 683 cal
- 35.4 g
- 65.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"J'Teena, nice twist on shepherds pie. I took other reviewers suggestions of doing only a top crust. I used garlic and cheddar cheese in the biscuit mix. For extra flavor I also added 1t garlic powder ..." See moreto the meat while it was cooking, and 1/4c parmesan cheese and 1t garlic powder to the mashed potatoes. My family gave it "two thumbs up". My hubby has asked me to make it for his fishing campout with his buds! Now that's a compliment! :-)PS I used all frozen veggies since we don't care for the canned version."
"I've got a family of 5, three of which are young and very picky boys, so I'm always on the lookout for something that is both tasty and filling. This fit both bills. I cut out the bottom layer of bi..." See morescuit mix and just used the mashed potatos instead, I also added a large can of mushrooms and increased the chili powder. We'll definitely be making this again as it's a LOT of food and the boys all loved it!"
Willyboyz in the kitchen again
"Flawed yet filling!? I added blanched fresh vegetables insted of canned because the thought of canned peas makes me ****! My wife suggested leaving off the top crust because the bottom layer was plen..." See morety. A little bland in the seasonings but I would make it again and spice it up a little more. Would be good on a cold winters night."
Zippy Shepherd's Pie
Herald's Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.