Grilled Mussels with Curry Butter27 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“Mussels are topped with a rich curry butter, sealed in foil packets, and grilled until done in this terrific recipe. They're so delicious! I serve these as an appetizer with warm, crusty bread for dunking followed by a big green salad topped with grilled chicken or shrimp for an easy summertime meal.” - by Diana S.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high medium-heat and lightly oil grate.
- Whisk together the butter, garlic, curry powder, cumin, and salt in a small bowl.
- Arrange four large sheets of aluminum foil on a flat surface. Divide the mussels into four even portions and place one portion on each piece of foil. Dot the mussels with the curry mixture. Sprinkle the red bell pepper and parsley over the top of each portion. Top each with lime slices. Wrap foil tightly around the portions.
- Cook the packets on the preheated grill until the mussels have opened, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard any mussels which do not open.
- Transfer the mussels to small bowls and garnish each with a lime wedge to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 299 cal
- 14.1 g
- 15.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"Highly recommended! I have made this several times now over a charcoal grill and it is fantastic. I have also had to share the recipe with my neighbor after he smelled it while it was cooking! I wil..." See morel add that you should soak the mussels before you cook them in order to get the sand out of them: Place the mussels in a large pot (8qt or so), and for every 24 mussels add 4 cups of cold water and 1/3 cup salt. Stir well once to mix the salt, mussels, and water. After soaking for about 15 or 20 minutes dump the water, rinse the mussels and repeat. Complete the process a total of 3 times. *** We just made this again tonight (the windchill here in MN was -14, but we really wanted to grill.) We added a bag of bay scallops on top of the mussels and then topped off each individual bowl (when it was finished) with a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of garlic salt and curry powder -- WOW! This was amazing! We served it with a baked potato & a salad. Thank you so much for this recipe!"
"Definitely worth the 5 stars with the presentation value, the meal looked fantastic. However be careful of adding too many post-cooking spices, as the dish needs to stand on the foundation of the coo..." See moreking juices and not be overpowered by extra garlic salt/curry. As a complimentary side definitely add a very crusty bread, as the sauce is perfect in combination with an italian or sourdough loaf. "
Grilled Asparagus with Cilantro Lemon Butter
Steamed Mussels with Curry
Just swipe to see more like this.