Apricot Marinated Eye of Round Roast13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 20 min
“The eye of round roast is a less tender cut of beef, but try this recipe for delicious results. It bakes in a robust sauce including apricots and cream.” - by Marylynn Roe
Original recipe yields 10 to 12 servings
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, beef broth, vinegar, apricot preserves, salt, onion, carrot and pickling spice. Stir together and bring to a boil. Then remove from heat, cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Place roast in a 9x13 inch baking dish, pour chilled marinade over roast, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the roast in the skillet and sear the meat, browning well on all sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste, return meat to the baking dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the gravy, transfer the sauce from the baking dish to a blender and puree until smooth. Then pour into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the cream and simmer until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Slice meat and serve with the sauce.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 270 cal
- 12.4 g
- 19.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Too much time and effort for a mediocre dish. Won't make it again...." See more"
"I served this for Easter dinner to my family of 18 and got rave reviews, both kids and adults. It was amazingly easy and I didn't have the last minute "rush" to get it on the table. I used a sirloin..." See more bottom round roast - 10 lbs. - came out tender & tasty. My family rates my new recipes as to weather they would want it for their birthday dinner or not - everyone agreed it was worth a birthday dinner!! I served it with another of your recipes...Mashed potatoes with corn & spinich, also a hit - very delicious!! thank you for the recipes. "
All American Roast Beef
President Ford's Braised Eye Round Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.