Sherry Chiffon Pie0 Reviews
“An oldie from my mother's recipe file. A heavenly cream pie accented with almonds and vanilla, surrounded by a chocolate cookie crust. This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.” - by GINGER P
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Soften gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- In a double boiler pan combine milk, salt, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir until dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks and cook in double boiler until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir gelatin into custard mixture until thoroughly dissolved. Cool mixture.
- Stir almond extract, sherry, and 1/4 cup almonds into custard.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip egg whites until frothy. Add 4 teaspoons of sugar, one at a time, whipping constantly until whites form soft peaks. Fold egg whites into custard.
- Pour custard mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 280 cal
- 15.6 g
- 28.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Mincemeat/Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Easy Lemon Chiffon Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.