- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A delicious and simple recipe for the morning. May be served with butter, sugar, jam or chocolate spread. Enjoy!” - by Sally
Original recipe yields 6 crepes
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, egg and salt.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add a teaspoon of butter and lightly coat the surface of the pan with the melted butter.
- Pour one quarter cup of the batter into the pan and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface in a smooth and even layer.
- After two minutes, lift up an edge of the crepe with a spatula to see if it is browning. When the underside has begun to brown, flip the crepe and cook the other side until it is also brown; about 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to cook the remaining crepes. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 216 cal
- 3.7 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (82)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! I haven't had crepes like this since I was little. I added an additional 1/4 cup of milk though which thinned the batter out and made it easier to make thin crepes. I read the other reviews..." See more and it sounds like they may just have their pan too hot. Start off low with just enough butter to coat the pan well. The gradually increase the heat and again decrease if it starts to turn the butter brown quickly. Reapet the bit of butter on each crepe that is cooked. This helps it get it's outer edge crispness without being dry. Yummy!"
"Iv'e never had crepes before, but I really liked this recipe. One problem I had was that the first crepe used all the margarine and the skillet was too hot then to add more. Maybe butter works better...." See more"
"I liked this recipe, but I'd make a few changes... I like an eggier, softer, sweeter crepe. I'd add an extra egg or more milk to make it less tough; a tsp. of vanilla to give it a really good flavor;..." See more and I used about double the batch and a 1/2-3/4 cup for each batter. I like the big crepes! All in all, pretty good!"
Love Letter - Crepes
Just swipe to see more like this.