Heather's Famous Barbeque Bunyan Burger29 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This scrumptious stuffed-and-grilled meatloaf has sauteed vegetables and is oozing with a full, robust flavor.” - by Mandy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate.
- Mix together the ground beef, 2 tablespoons barbeque seasoning, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in a bowl; divide mixture into two halves; form each half into large rectangles, making one larger and thinner than the other; lay the rectangles on large sheets of aluminum foil.
- Mix together the cream cheese and 1 teaspoon barbeque seasoning; spread on top of the smaller, thicker rectangle of meat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in the hot butter until the onion has softened; spread atop the cream cheese mixture; top with the Cheddar cheese.
- Place the thinner rectangle of meat atop the smaller piece by lifting the aluminum foil beneath it and flipping it onto the cream cheese and vegetable layer. Use your hands to form a seal around the edges of the loaf, making sure the cheese and vegetable mixture will not leak out during cooking. Fold the edges of the aluminum foil beneath the loaf upwards, so as to form a bowl, to keep the grease from leaking onto the grill while cooking. Brush the top of the loaf with barbeque sauce.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the top of the loaf is cooked completely through, about 30 minutes. Slice into six even pieces to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 542 cal
- 39.2 g
- 12.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"This was so good! It was not easy to make, but well worth it. I found the cream cheese very difficult to spread, even though it was soft. Next time I would thin it with milk, I think. I doubled the am..." See moreount of mushrooms. Also, I didn't grill it. Instead I put it in a 9x13 glass pan and put it in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. My family loved it!"
"Wow! Fixed this burger for company and it was gobbled up. I agree that it was fussy to make, but I mixed the burger ingredients the day before and so all I had to do was fix the middle stuff and assem..." See moreble the burger. The recipe is a keeper for us!"
Mushroom Swiss Burger
Aaron's Missouri Burger
Just swipe to see more like this.