Apple Pie45 Reviews
“This is a sweet, tart and delicious apple pie. Guaranteed to please. Be sure to use Granny Smith apples since they work the best.” - by Lisa H
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon peel.
- Line one crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Layer 1/3 of apples into pie crust. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and repeat until done. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Place second pie crust on top of filling and flute the edges. Cut vents in top crust and brush with milk for a glazed appearance if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 382 cal
- 16.8 g
- 56.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"Lisa, Such a volume of apples 'way overfilled the 9-inch plate. Then , the crust started to get real dark after 35 minutes, but the insides had barely begun to cook! ( I took the heat down to 350 at t..." See morehat point). Suggestions for a little "twist " on your classic recipe: for the white sugar, I tried half white and half brown. I also added a smidgen of fresh ground ginger root. "
"The lemon really makes this pie exceptional! Drop the temperature to 350 F after 25 minutes, and use a baking ring...." See more"
"I had made other apple pie recipes,but this one was the best tasting and very easy to make.Because I didn't have a fresh lemon rind to zest.I just didn't put it in the suggested recipe.However,I did a..." See moredd the suggested amount of lemon juice,as I did have that on hand.My husband,as well as, my 18 year old son loved it."
Aunt Carol's Apple Pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.