Apple Pie Wedges3 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is an apple pie flavored shortbread cookie. It is wonderful for a holiday brunch, as well as a simple dessert for an intimate holiday dinner. They are also simple to make.” - by nicole
Original recipe yields 16 wedges
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and apple butter. Add flour, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and vanilla. Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 6-inch disc on waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Invert one disc of dough into ungreased 9-inch round pie plate. Press dough into plate with lightly floured hands, covering plate completely. Flute edges using the handle of a wooden spoon. Deeply score into 8 wedges. Prick surface using tines of fork. Repeat steps with remaining disc of dough and another pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely and cut into wedges.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 215 cal
- 12 g
- 25 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was a HUGE disappointment!! It never really cooked in the middle, and it was almost bland. I added shredded granny smith apples and the apple butter along with the apple pie spice, and it still w..." See moreas missing something. I MAY try again, hopefully it will be better."
"Not much apple flavor, which was a bit disappointing- that was why I made this recipe. I also tried one with pumpkin butter, not too pumpkiny either. Good shortbread though...." See more"
"I agree that the recipe is missing something- it's rather bland, although it has good spice flavor. It needs a little salt added, which can possibly be remedied by using salted butter. I drizzled ic..." See moreing over the top of them, and then my kids gobbled them down. I baked them for 27 minutes at 350, and the texture turned out perfect."
All American Apple Pie
Apple Pie Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.