Luck o' the Irish Brownie98 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This decadent dessert is perfect for a St. Patrick's day celebration full of green!” - by Cher
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a cup or small bowl in the microwave. Stir at 15 second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in the flour just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the surface appears dry and the sides are beginning to pull away from the edges of the pan, 20 to 25 minutes. The brownies may look more like cake and may jiggle slightly in the center- this is normal. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan set over a wire rack.
- To make the middle layer, beat 1/2 cup of butter with confectioners' sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency. Stir in the peppermint extract and green food coloring. Spread this over the cooled pan of brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips with the butter until melted. Stir every 20 seconds until chocolate is smooth. Stir in vanilla and then pour over the chilled brownies and quickly spread to cover the surface. Cool again until firm, about 10 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 744 cal
- 40.3 g
- 98.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (98)Rate This Recipe
"If anyone is having toruble with the top chocolate layer here's a tip: My recipe does not microwave the chocolate (it got edited by the higher ups) Melt ingredients over low heat on the stove. Turn..." See more off heat and add vanilla. Then with a wooden spoon beat it for about 2 minutes until it starts to shine. This also helps to cool it a little. Then spread over green layer and chill. Hope that helps!!"
"OMG! If I could give these more than 5* I would. So chocolatey, and minty...what's not to love?! These are very rich and creamy and sooo delicious! The one thing I did do is put each layer in the free..." See morezer for just a few minutes before putting in the fridge for 30 minutes. I think that this helped keep the layers defined from each other. If you haven't tried these...YOU NEED TO! This will definately become a regular in our house! Thanks Cher for sharing such a great recipe!!!"
Lots o' Cookies
Lemon Kissed Brownie Bites
Just swipe to see more like this.