Passover Chocolate Raspberry Torte1 Reviews
“An elegant looking dessert. Can be garnished with whole raspberries, chocolate leaves and/or cocoa powder.” - by NIBLETS
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line bottom of a 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, or using a double boiler, mix butter or margarine and cola and heat through. Remove the pan from the stove and add chocolate, stirring to melt. Let this mixture cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend raspberry preserves and lemon juice together. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar for 10 minutes on high speed. Whisk cooled, melted chocolate into egg mixture until thoroughly incorporated (mixture will deflate but that's OK). Stir in raspberry preserve mixture.
- Place the prepared springform pan on a cookie sheet in the oven and reduce the oven's heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake 55 to 60 minutes until the cake is done. The cake is done when the top has a slight crust and seems set. Cake may rise and fall but that is fine. Refrigerate the cake several hours.
- To make the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips with butter or margarine in a double boiler; stir to melt evenly. Cool, then pour over chilled cake before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 524 cal
- 39 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"The baking time must be a misprint, because it was no where near done after over an hour baking at 325*. I used the correct size pan and followed directions exactly--but it was totally runny and inedi..." See moreble. The outside crust was somewhat done and was delicious. I suggest baking until no longer runny and jiggly in the middle, because it does NOT firm up when refrigerated. Maybe 1+1/2 hr baking time. Otherwise easy to make."
Passover Chocolate Mandelbrot
White Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Just swipe to see more like this.