Scrumptious Frosted Fudgy Brownies120 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“MMMMMMM, I can never eat just one of these melt-in-your-mouth brownies, they are so rich and chocolatey.” - by Celeste
Original recipe yields 1 -13x9 inch pan of brownies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. Place 8 ounces of baking chocolate with 1 cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on High until the chocolate is soft and the butter has melted, about 2 minutes. Stir to mix.
- Place the eggs, 3 cups of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in a large bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and beat in the melted butter-chocolate mixture. Beat in the flour until just combined (do not overmix), and stir in the chopped walnuts. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan before frosting.
- To make frosting, combine 1 1/4 cup of sugar with the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, and let the mixture simmer for 7 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat, and stir in 5 ounces of baking chocolate and 1/2 cup butter, stirring to melt and blend the chocolate. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; whisk until smooth. Place the frosting in the refrigerator and stir every few minutes until the frosting is chilled and thick, about 30 minutes. Frost the cooled brownies, and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 344 cal
- 22.9 g
- 35.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (120)Rate This Recipe
"Hi! I am the submitter of this recipe and when you simmer the heavy cream and sugar, make sure you see tiny bubbles around the edge of the pot. Oh, and you can stir the frosting in the refrigerator of..." See moreten, it doesn't have to be every few minutes. Enjoy!"
"this is my favorite homemade brownie recipe. I use 1 1/2 c of cocoa + 1/2 c of melted butter to sub for the 8oz of unsweetened chocolate (I always have cocoa powder and hardly have unsweetened chocola..." See morete) - I also like baking it in a jelly roll pan, it's done in about 22 min and I can get about 50 pieces out of it, it also helps that I like thin brownies ... and I've been successful using milk in place of the cream for the frosting"
"I also was like Keri and made these when she shared her recipe on "the exchange". This rivals my Dad's Chocolate Death Cake. I about go into a chocolate coma when I eat these. My husband and I fight o..." See morever the leftovers and don't dare share with the kids. Want a fabulous brownie recipe, look no further."
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.