Jacob's Coat Casserole31 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This has also been called shepherds pie. I love the colors, and it's easy. Another family pleaser. Ground beef layered with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes.” - by Cindy B
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain excess fat and place this mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer the green beans, carrots, corn and peas over the beef mixture. Place the cheese over the vegetables.
- Prepare the potatoes according to package directions, but add some extra milk or water to make it a little runny. Cover the entire casserole with the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until potatoes get slightly crusty and the sides of the dish are bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 966 cal
- 55.6 g
- 77.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I LOVED this. I make this often and it's very easy to reheat. I omitted the cheese and it's just like the old fashioned shepherd's pie my grandmother used to make...." See more"
"This was a good basic recipe, although I omitted canned green beans and carrots. Instead, I added one chopped green pepper and sauteed with the ground beef and onion, and also used creamed corn instea..." See mored of whole kernel corn. I also subtituted 1 cup grated cheddar cheese for the 1/2 lb. processed cheese and prepared 2 cups of instant mashed potatoes instead of 4. Was very quick and easy and my husband really liked it. Thanks, Cindy!"
"My meat and potatoes man LOVED this (as did my roommate and daughter)...but me? Well - it was okay but I think I'd rather do the tater tot hotdish thing (also meat & potatoes dish) than this. Loved t..." See morehe ease of the recipe and its not difficult and I guess when your short on time, ingrediants, and just want a down-home meal this would fit the bill but I think I'd otherwise pass. I would say make this if you love this sort of thing..."
Sausage Casserole I
Savory Tater Tot Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.