Stuffed Peppers795 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Green peppers stuffed with ground beef and rice and topped with a seasoned tomato sauce.” - by BDEGER
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 248 cal
- 9.4 g
- 25.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (795)Rate This Recipe
"This is almost exactly how I make stuffed peppers. Except that I brown and season the meat before hand, pour off the oil , mix in the remaing ingredients,stuff the peppers, and then cover during baki..." See moreng. I never baste...the steam does the basting for me. The last five minutes of baking remove cover and sprinkle grated mozzarella or cheddar over each pepper for added flavor if you like."
"Loved the recipe but the green peppers need to be blanched before being put into the oven. Put green peppers into boiling water for 1 - 2 minutes then quickly put in ice water. Then proceed with reci..." See morepe as is. Green pepper have a much better consistency this way."
Stuffed Green Peppers I
Kelsey's Favorite Stuffed Green Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.