Kim's Prime Rib55 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“I use a 5 to 6 pound roast for the following recipe. You can double or half the recipe depending on how many you are cooking for.” - by Kim
Original recipe yields 5 plus servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, browning sauce and water. Place roast in a roasting pan ribs side down and poke deep holes in the roast with a knife. Pour the marinade over the roast. Using a baster, squirt marinade into the holes you created with the knife and over the entire roast a few times.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for about 1 hour. (Note: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes for a smaller roast so that it does not dry out.)
- Remove roast from oven and reduce temperature in the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- When oven has reached 200 degrees F (95 degrees C), return roast to oven and continue cooking for 18 to 22 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 614 cal
- 42.3 g
- 3.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this with out the browning suace..it was good but would like to add does anyone know what the browing sauce is?..." See more"
"This recipe is great. The prime rib tasted like it was from a restaurant. I made this for my husband's boos and his wife and it came out perfect. It also was not difficult to clean up. I have made..." See more this 3 times and it was great each time."
"The concept sounded good, but once again I found that any marinade in the bottom of a roasting pan subjected to 450 degrees or above, turned into one big smoky cleanup mess. The prime rib tasted fine..." See more and I have no quarrels with the cooking times. Just not worth the cleanup. Regarding browning sauce, a good one is called: “Gravy Master – Seasoning and Browning Sauce”."
Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast
Rock Salt Roast Prime Rib
Just swipe to see more like this.