Muenster-Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breast39 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is an awesome recipe that incorporates some of my favorite foods! This recipe has it all, Muenster cheese, provolone cheese, bacon, chicken and a wonderful crispy bread coating! This dish goes nicely with some marinara sauce and some pasta!” - by Nikki
Original recipe yields 3 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep, cast iron skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, then crumble and set aside, reserving the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, Cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk together the egg and hot pepper sauce in a separate bowl, and set aside.
- Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breasts using a thin bladed knife. Stuff each breast with a slice of Muenster cheese, and 1/4 of the crumbled bacon; reserve the remaining bacon for later. Secure the chicken breast pockets with a toothpick or skewer, then dip into the egg mixture, letting excess egg drip off before pressing into the bread crumb mixture.
- Reheat the bacon fat in the cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts, and cook until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes), then turn the breasts over, and place the skillet into the preheated oven. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and registers 165 degrees F ( 75 degrees C) on a meat thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the chicken has cooked, top each piece with a slice of provolone cheese, and sprinkle with the remaining bacon. Return to the oven, and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1 minute more.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 698 cal
- 33.3 g
- 30.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"Though I did things a little different, this recipe looked so good that I really wanted to try it without all the fat content. This still came out very good. I used the recipe for cooking bacon in ..." See morethe oven from this site, bacon for a crowd which I must say I think is wonderful, make sure you use a pan with sides for the drippings, or check out the reviews for some great tips. Though I do use the thick bacon I think this could do well with thin bacon if the heat is cut back and watched carefully. I also have used parchment paper and overlap the bacon so it curls less. Add parchment or foil to the top so it don't splatter. Heated olive oil in a skillet and browned both sides of chicken then put in oven to finish. So yummy. Thanks so much for the post."
" This was good. I have to say, though, that it was an overkill on the cheese and bacon. I don't think it needs the provolone or bacon sprinkled on top. Stuffing the chicken with muenster and ba..." See morecon was enough for me. It was also quite spicy. Not bad spicy, but relatively spicy, so I'd probably either not use the hot sauce with the egg or not use the cajun seasoning with the bread crumbs. I made my own cajun seasoning with the Simple Cajun Seasoning recipe from this site. I used turkey bacon, and I didn't like cooking the chicken in the same pan as the bacon. The pan was a burned mess (maybe bc I used turkey bacon?) before I transferred to a baking dish (I have a skillet that can be put in the oven but I misread the directions). I'd cook the bacon separately next time. I also think the breading and egg could have been used for 4 chicken breasts, not 3. Overall, I liked it and with less cheese and spice would be excellent. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is really good!! I skipped the egg and just breaded with crumbs and seasoning. I tripled the recipe and left 1/2 provolone-free (for my son that is picky about gobs of melted cheese - but, like p..." See moreomplemousse, I did think there was a bit of overkill - it would be fine with "just" the muenster & bacon in the middle). I probably won't make this often because it's kind of messy, time-consuming and deadly fattening, but we really enjoyed it tonight! Thanks for the recipe!"
Savory Stuffed Chicken Breast with Plum Glaze
Stuffed and Wrapped Chicken Breast
Just swipe to see more like this.