Tomato Pesto Batter Bread17 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“An easy to make quick bread with the savory flavor of basil and sun-dried tomatoes.” - by ARVILLALAR
Original recipe yields 1 loaf
- In a small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Place the basil leaves and the olive oil in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with the salt. Add the yeast mixture, basil mixture and sun-dried tomatoes; beat together until well combined, about 3 minutes. Cover bowl with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish or 5x9 inch loaf pan. Gently remix the batter with about 20 strokes of a wooden spoon and pour into the prepared pan. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the bottom of the loaf sounds hallow when tapped. Remove loaf from pan, place on a wire rack to cool and brush with melted butter.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 100 cal
- 2.8 g
- 16.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This bread was okay, but I was hoping for the flavor of the basil to come through more than it did. I could taste the sun dried tomatoes much more than the herbs. Oh well. Not a bad bread, but just no..." See moret what I was expecting. If nothing else, thanks for the opportunity to try something new!"
"This was a terrific quick bread. I added cloves of garlic, chopped. I took this to dinner at a friend's house, where I was told " this tastes like a bread from a gourmet shop." This was served with a ..." See morecrab linguine with spinach and fresh vegetables. Another keeper in my allrecipes recipe box."
Basil and Sun-dried Tomato Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.