Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quiche123 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Here's one great idea for what to do with that leftover ham!! My picky eaters loved it and it is easy to make!” - by BOBKAT2000
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes and combine them with the melted butter or margarine in a small bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and arrange the ham and cheese evenly over the potatoes. In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and the cream. Pour this over the ham and cheese.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the custard has completely set.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 461 cal
- 32.9 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (123)Rate This Recipe
"I have used this recipe several times. The latest time, I made it for a work pot luck. I used a 30 oz bag of Oreda shredded hash browns, defrosted and mixed them with melted butter then pressed it in..." See moreto the bottom and sides of 9x13 pan. I baked it for 25+ minutes til edges were a bit brown. I refrigerated the crust overnight. Since you can use any filling, I used about 1 1/2 cups cooked sausage instead of ham plus lots of monterey jack cheese. I used 6 eggs and about 1 1/2-2 cups of half and half. I poured that in the next morning and baked 30 mins. Next time I might add some green onions with sausage. Ham was good when I used it before but sausage went over well. Just depends on your preference. Thanks for a great, easy recipe!"
"THIS WAS EXCELLENT! EVERYBODY LOVED IT AND IT WAS SO EASY. I USED SIMPLY POTATO SHREDDED HASH BROWNS INSTEAD OF THE FROZEN ONES, WHICH ELIMINATED EXTRACTING THE WATER FROM THE FROZEN AND SPEEDED THI..." See moreNGS UP EVEN MORE. I ALSO SUBSTITUTED HALF & HALF FOR THE HEAVY CREAM. WHAT I LIKED MOST ABOUT THE RECIPE IS THERE ARE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES TO PERSONALIZE IT TO YOUR TASTES."
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Becky's Healthier Ham and Cheese Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.