Italian Style Meatloaf II37 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Great for any occasion, and absolutely delicious. Excellent served with noodles (or mashed potatoes) and corn. Substitute white bread for wheat bread if you're looking for a healthier meal. For the fresh bread crumbs, use 6 to 8 slices bread crumbled into tiny pieces.” - by Lisa
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, saute the carrot and onion for 2 minutes, or until onion is transparent. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, beef, ketchup, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread and eggs, mixing well. Add the carrot/onion mixture and continue mixing, but do not over mix, as this will make the meatloaf dry. Transfer mixture to a 9x13 baking dish and form into a loaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes.
- While loaf is baking, heat the remaining tomato sauce and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Pour over loaf when done.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 680 cal
- 50.9 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"Nice and moist, but . . . there's no salt or pepper in the recipe. I divided the recipe and put salt and pepper in one half and none in the other. The unsalted loaf was insipid at best - little to no ..." See moreflavor at all."
"Thanks for the recipe! I was on a mission to find a meatloaf recipe with almost exactly these ingredients - so happy the search is over and I have this one forever in my collection. I change carrots..." See more for diced green pepper and leave out the parsley, final dish cooked absolutely perfect all the way through, flavor was enhanced by tomato garlic gravy - yum yum! This was my 1st of what will be many Italian meatloaves! Thanks again! "
"I always thought meatloaf had to be the shape and weight of a brick. This recipe is very moist and flavorful and easy to prepare. Please do not try to use a regular meatloaf pan, it's much too small a..." See morend you will have to end up cutting your meatlaof down the center to finish cooking."
Cajun Style Meatloaf
Italian Style Meatloaf I
Just swipe to see more like this.