Portobello Sandwiches190 Reviews
- Prep: 8 min
- Cook: 9 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“Quick, juicy burgers. My friends and I eat them at least once a week!” - by CHOLLE
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- Turn on broiler, and adjust rack so it is as close to heat source as possible.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put the mushroom caps, bottom side up, in a shallow baking pan. Brush the caps with 1/2 the dressing. Put the caps under the broiler, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the caps, and brush with the remaining dressing. Broil 4 minutes. Toast the buns lightly .
- In a small bowl, mix capers and mayonnaise. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the buns, top with mushroom caps, tomato and lettuce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 445 cal
- 33.4 g
- 31.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (190)Rate This Recipe
"The good news is: our fire extinguisher works. I put the mushrooms on the top rack by the broiler, set the timer for four minutes and at three heard a *poof* from the oven. I opened the door to flames..." See more shooting out and licking the cabinets above. After our fire extinguisher put out the flames and I'd cleaned up, I finished up the sandwich, and thought it was pretty good. Then my daughter pointed out that the mushrooms I'd just eaten had been sprayed with a fire extinguisher. The poison control center assured me that the f.e. has mostly baking soda inside and that I shouldn't feel any ill effects. But the man laughed at me, so I have to add the caveat to the recipe: leave off the extra baking soda by not letting your 'shrooms catch fire in the first place. Other than the fire marshall warning, these were pretty yummy sammies."
"I love portobello mushroom sandwiches and this homemade one rivals the best I have had in my favorite diner. I tweeked the recipe a bit to try and duplicate others I've eaten. I added grilled sweet on..." See moreions, grilled peeled red peppers, and a slice of provolone. Plus I brushed the bread (NOT hamburger buns) with olive oil and grilled both sides. Very, very good! "
Grilled Portobello with Basil Mayonnaise Sandwich
Vegetable-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.