Restaurant-Style Extra Crispy Chicken27 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A whole fryer chicken, marinated and coated in egg, milk and seasoned flour, then fried until extra crispy! Reported to have the extra crispy chicken taste and texture of a famous restaurant chain chicken.” - by Doreen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the water, salt and monosodium glutamate and mix together. Add chicken and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate to marinate for 20 minutes, turning a few times.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together egg and milk. In a separate shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and monosodium glutamate. Remove chicken from marinade (discarding remaining marinade) and drain.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- One at a time, dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then egg/milk mixture, then flour mixture again, making sure each piece is well coated. Stack coated pieces on a plate or baking sheet.
- Drop chicken, one piece at a time, into hot oil. Fry half of the chicken pieces (4 pieces) for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, then fry remaining pieces for the same amount of time. (Note: Stir chicken around halfway through the frying time, so that each piece cooks evenly). Drain fried chicken for about 5 minutes on paper towels or a wire cooling rack before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 774 cal
- 42.1 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"I've never made fried chicken before, and this was just what I was looking for! I always marinate poultry in a salt water solution before I make it (big difference, much more juicy), so I knew Doreen ..." See moreknew what she was talking about. Thank you for such a nice recipe!"
"I tried it today. It was so good. Instead of dipping the chicken to the flour for the first time, I shook it in a brown bag. For a kick, I added some creole seasoning and chili powder to the flour mix..." See moreture. Since I don't have a deep fryer or meat thermometer, I cooked the chicken in medium heat for the first two minutes and low heat for the rest. The salt water marination and msg really did the trick! kudos."
Millie Pasquinelli's Fried Chicken
A Southern Fried Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.