Paradise Pumpkin Pie II29 Reviews
“This is a very rich and delicious version of the pumpkin pie. It has a cheesecake layer, a pumpkin custard layer, and is topped with caramelized pecans. My aunt gave this recipe to me years ago, and I always get asked for the recipe.” - by BMDSINGLE
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Cheesecake Layer: In a small mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in 1/4 cup white sugar. Add 1 egg and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- To Make Pumpkin Layer: In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, evaporated milk, and 2 beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly, then pour mixture over cheesecake layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 minutes, until set in center. Remove pie and turn oven to broiler setting.
- To Make Pecan Topping: In a small bowl, mix together softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Gently drop mixture by teaspoonfuls over pie, covering top evenly.
- Broil 5 inches below oven coils until mixture begins to bubble, about 3 minutes. Do not overcook, or top will become syrupy. Cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 506 cal
- 30.2 g
- 53.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"My friends enjoyed this pie a lot. When making it, I ran into a couple of problems. The 9" shell I used was too small! I had so much pumpkin filling left over. So, I grabbed more cream cheese, and..." See more made another 9" pie and 12 little tarts. This allowed me to use up all the pumpkin mix. I also found that it was best to let the cheesecake part sit for a little bit before pouring the pumpkin over top. One comment I received from my friends was that the topping was really sweet. Might try cutting back on the sugar next time. Other than that, great recipe!"
"Hubby loves his pumpkin pie...so I decided to try another recipe other than my regular. This turned out very good. We both liked this...I actually liked this one more than the other one I had been u..." See moresing. Hubby still likes the other one better, hence the 4 star rating. Will make again....with the family and see what they think. Thanks for the post."
"This is delicious and has a great appearance. I don't know why more people haven't tried this. Maybe the ingredients or steps seem overwhelming, but it really is easy and fast. I used a ready-made ..." See morecrust and mixed each filling layer in my food processor. I brought it to work to share with my co-workers and everyone loves it. It's delicious and the topping adds so much flavor and texture. I am making another one tonight to share with family. Thank you for a really easy and delicious recipe that looks much harder than it actually is."
Old Fashioned Paradise Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pumpkin Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.