Sweet and Sour Meatballs II23 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“The hearty taste of seasoned beef and the flavors of sweet and sour distinguish these meatballs. Make this for a special occasion as an appetizer or for every-day dinner.” - by Pam Somers
Original recipe yields 120 meatballs
- To make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine beef, onion flakes, bread crumbs, salt, nutmeg, eggs and milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, and place into a 9x13 inch baking dish; bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Lower heat in oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make sauce: In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix vinegar, sugar, mustard and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup water; add to saucepan, and boil for 1 minute more.
- Add sauce to cooked meatballs, and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 533 cal
- 19.8 g
- 60 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"Very good, everyone loved it. I used two pounds of lean ground turkey and one pound extra lean ground beef. Next time I make this I'll cut down on the sugar. It was kind of sweet...." See more"
"A FAVORITE AT FAMILY GATHERINGS. I HAVE MADE THESE FOR TWO SHOWERS AND THEY ARE A HIT. NO MORE RED SAUCE ON THE GRANDKIDS CHOTHES!!!!..." See more"
"Loved these meatballs. Followed the recipe exactly. The sauce is very tasty. I've been trying different sweet and sour meatball recipes for the last year or so trying to duplicate the flavor of the..." See more sauce I had at a banquet. Think this is the one! Don't be alarmed by the overwhelming vinegar smell/taste at first. After you combine the sauce with the meatballs and allow it to bake and reduce it takes on a whole new (delicious!) flavor."
Lana's Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Meatballs I
Just swipe to see more like this.