Delicious Potato Salad Bake18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This is a wonderful, easy to make warm potato salad we regularly serve at barbecues. We have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy it. You can use either Cheddar or mozzarella cheese in this recipe.” - by ROZKRUGER
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter or grease one 8x16 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Add onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Slice potatoes and place a thin layer in the baking dish. Follow with a layer of the bacon mixture and repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Pour cream and milk over layers; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until cream and milk have almost reduced completely.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 553 cal
- 27.6 g
- 56.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes pretty good but it's a heart attack in a bowl... The recipe doesn't even say to drain the bacon grease! (but I did). And it takes longer to cook than the 35 minutes indicated (like at least 20 ..." See moremore minutes at 350F)."
"I'm not a fan of mayonaise so I've never liked traditional potato salad. While planning a BBQ I decided to search for a mayonaise-free potato salad and came upon this. It worked out wonderfully for ou..." See moret gathering. A real hit, leaving some disappointed when there was none left! Instead of slicing the potatoes I cubed them, which required a little longer baking time, but I was glad I did cube them."
"My very picky, and German, husband loved it! He said "this is a keeper", great praise from the man! It's more like a baked german potato salad/au gratin potatoes than a regular potato salad, but that'..." See mores good! It was fine the way it was (I followd the original recipe to a "T"), but next time I'm going to add more cheese (on the first layers) and more salt and pepper. Great Recipe!"
Mama's Potato Salad
Fourth of July Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.