Broccoli Potato Bake128 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Excellent for a potluck, company dish, or just a heart-warming family dinner. This casserole is a delicious blend of cheese, potatoes, and broccoli.” - by sal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk and stir until bubbly. Add cheese, and stir until all of the cheese is melted. Stir in potatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 10x6 inch baking dish.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions; drain well. Layer broccoli over the potatoes in the baking dish. Pour the remaining potato mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes; or until bubbly and browned lightly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 202 cal
- 11.2 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (128)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious, although I did change a few things. First of all, I didn't think the quantities would feed all of my guests, so I doubled the flour and butter, used an 8 oz package of light cream cheese, ..." See more1 cup of shredded swiss, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar, and a 32 oz of hash browns. I also used fresh broccoli crowns - approx 1 1/2 pounds (before cleaned and cut up). And last but not least, instead of the bread crumb topping, I put on the french fried onion rings. I also defrosted the hash browns in the microwave before adding to the cheese sauce. It was delicious, and filled a 9 x 11 casserole. Couldn't see how a 12 oz bag of hash browns could feed 8 people. I had only a small container of left overs and we only had 8 for dinner!! Thanks for the great recipe!!"
"Very tasty! A nice light side dish. I used diced Russet potatoes and fresh broccoli instead of frozen, and replaced Swiss cheese with Cheddar...delicious!..." See more"
"I loved this recipe. I added finely diced onions, minced garlic and chopped green onions to the butter in the first step to add a bit more flavor, fresh broccoli (steamed)and I used soy milk instead o..." See moref regular because I was out but it tasted WAY better with soy! I also used cheddar instead of swiss - I don't think this recipe is grown up enough for swiss, cheddar definitely fits better (and has more of a "cheesy" flavor) I will most definitely make this one again."
Broccoli Potato Soup
Cauliflower and Broccoli Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.