Mission Mexican Pizza31 Reviews
- Prep: 12 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This South-of-the-border twist on pizza is a great way to change up your dinner menu.” - by Mission® Foods
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- To make the Mission® Crispy Tortillas: Place all 8 tortillas directly on the oven rack of a 350 degrees F oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve on your work surface.
- Heat the 1 cup of refried beans for 1 minute in the microwave to get hot and reserve for the recipe build.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and saute for 8 minutes in a non-stick pan, drain and reserve hot for the recipe build.
- To build 1 Mexican Pizza: Place 1 crisp Mission® tortilla on work surface.
- Evenly spread tortilla with 1/4 cup hot refried beans.
- Evenly top refried beans with 1/4 (approximately 4 ounces) of the cooked ground beef.
- Top ground beef with second crisp tortilla and evenly spread 1 heaping tablespoon of pizza sauce over the tortilla.
- Evenly top the pizza sauce with 1/4 cup grated Mexican cheese blend and 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for remaining 3 servings.
- Place all 4 pizzas, at one time, in 350 degrees F oven on a cookie pan/flat pan, and bake for 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro evenly over the top of each pizza. Serve each pizza whole.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 602 cal
- 29.9 g
- 45.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Here's how to turn this 4 star recipe into a 5 star: 1) Don't cook the tortillas for 8 minutes-probably just 4 or 5. You just want them a little crispy-not burnt. 2) Add 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix ..." See moreto the ground beef, once its cooked. 3) Top with Tex Mex Cheese, chopped tomatoes, green onions, (black olives, if you wish), and a dollop of sour cream. 4) Voila!! You've automatically added an extra star! Enjoy! I made these for "Cinco De Mayo". They were a big hit: Even with my picky 4 year old niece!"
"These were good, but took some time. (I made a number of changes.) I used picante sauce instead of pizza sauce & added chopped black olives & green chiles to give more flavor. I also added taco season..." See moreing to the ground beef & used refried black beans. I left out the onions & tomatoes but added shredded lettuce. My family loved these & said that they were so much better than Taco Bell (thank goodness!)"
"I used salsa instead of tomato sauce. I also added taco seasoning to the ground beef. I topped the 'pizza' with chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, and cheese. After baking I sprinkled with chopped sc..." See moreallions instead of cilantro. Also made guacamole and served it with sour cream and rice. Really quite tasty!!"
Just swipe to see more like this.