Tilapia Soft Tacos with Chipotle Cream133 Reviews
- Prep: 12 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 22 min
“When you're hungry for something different, this tangy fish taco is just the thing to reel in your appetite.” - by Mission® Foods
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix the Chipotle Cream Sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet set at medium-high heat, add the seven ingredients from the olive oil through the cilantro. Saute those ingredients for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, add the tilapia and cover and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is fully cooked. Then add in lime juice and let cook for 1 additional minute.
- Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions. Lay each of the warmed tortillas on a cutting board and place one-quarter of both the field greens and fish on the center of each tortilla. Then top each with equal amounts of the Chipotle Cream Sauce.
- Fold the tortillas over to form tacos and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 320 cal
- 7.7 g
- 29.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (133)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this recipe on a whim and was able to make some adjustments that made it a fantastic dish for the whole family. In the cream sauce I didn't use the chipotle chilies instead I added 2 T fresh ..." See moresnipped cilantro, 1/2 t cumin, 1/4 t onion salt & 1 T lime juice. Next time I will add green chilies. For the fish I used 3 T olive oil, 2 t cumin, a dash of cinnamon, 1/2 t onion salt, 2 T minced garlic, 2 T dehydrated onion and a bunch of snipped fresh cilantro. I let it saute about 5 minutes and added 4 T lime juice and 5 tilapia fillets. I warmed the soft taco sized flour tortillas in a skillet added fish, the garlic/cilatro mix, put a small amount of cream sauce on the tortilla and topped with finely shredded green cabbage. My 10 year old & my husband loved it! It was fast, easy & flavorful. I will double the recipe next time!"
"This was the BEST fish taco I have ever had! My family really enjoyed it. Tilapia is so clean-tasting and with the spices, it became very flavorful. One change was adding an extra chile to the sour cr..." See moreeam mixture. It made it spicier and more delicious. Definitely a keeper!"
"This was absolutely delicious, my whole family loved these tacos. However I did leave the chipotle cream off the kids tacos. But the cream was perfect for my husband and I and we smothered our tacos..." See more. The only thing I did different was instead of putting greens in the tacos I topped them with bagged coleslaw mix. And I used a little more oil and garlic than called for. What I really liked is that I threw this dinner together in a matter of minutes."
Just swipe to see more like this.